In order to stay up-to-date with the latest features and ensure the tightest security possible, InterDev frequently updates the various components that comprise MosaicGIS. When ArcGIS for Desktop is updated, users will find that all of their folder connections disappear. This guide outlines the process for restoring these connections.
This knowledge base article is geared toward all MosaicGIS ArcGIS for Desktop users (note - A procedure for ArcGIS Pro users is not included in this document).
Permissions to access enterprise GIS databases and project folders.
Reconnecting to ArcGIS Server
- Start ArcMap.
- In the Catalog tree, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server.
- Choose Use, Publish or Administer GIS services depending on your need and click Next.
- For Server URL, type the URL of the ArcGIS Server site you want to connect to (e.g. https://maps.dekalbcountyga.gov/arcgis/rest/services OR https://gis.interdev.com/arcgis/rest/services).
- Click Finish.
- Your connection appears in the GIS Servers node in the Catalog tree.
Note - You can rename your connection. To do so, right-click the connection in the Catalog tree, choose Rename, type a new name, and press Enter.
Restoring a folder connection
- Navigate to the Folder Connections node in the catalog window tree.
- Right-click the node and choose Connect To Folder.
- Type the path or navigate to the desired workspace folder and click OK.
Reconnecting to an Enterprise Geodatabase
- Expand the Database Connections node in the Catalog tree.
- Double-click Add Database Connection.
- From the Database Platform drop-down list, choose
gissql in the Instance field.
- Select the desired databased from the Database drop-down list. If you do not see the database desired, contact InterDev support.
- Click OK and check that the database is now visible in the Catalog window.